GPRover harnesses ground penetrating radar technology for superior locating and data collection capabilities; integrating advanced subsurface imaging technology with high accuracy GPS and mapping. The antenna's award-winning triple bandwidth technology also provides a deeper, clearer read of what's beneath the surface you're scanning.
Our GPRover unit simplifies the science of utility mapping. Anyone with utility locating knowledge can quickly learn how to operate the GPRover and rely on it to provide accurate underground infrastructure imaging and mapping results. using our suite of radar software solutions, user-created datasets can be stored and shared right from the system's Windows Getac tablet.
The GPRover Difference:
- Easy to learn and operate
- Provides unrivaled accuracy within 5cm. (2in.)
- Creates deliverable data that operate and field crew can use immediately
Unique GPRover Features:
- Works exclusively with John Deere Navcom Starfire System
- Annually renewable subscription connects you to multiple reliable networks, no matter your location
- No cellular modem or base station required - connect the battery, power on, calibrate your antenna, and start scanning.
The GPRover is our most popular system for utility mapping. With greater depth penetration and resolution than any other locating technology, the system can detect anything from fiber optic cables to utilities up to 30ft. (9.14m)+ deep and everything in between. The three separate datasets generated simultaneously by the triple bandwidth antenna can then be analyzed and cross-compared to create accurate, actionable information for the crew on the jobsite.
Why Triple Frequency?
GPRover is built on the award-winning triple frequency range antennas introduced with our Quantum Imager. Triple bandwidth offers superior depth and resolution compared to other imaging technologies. This is because other dual frequency range systems miss the higher resolution high frequencies and the deeper imaging low frequencies. With our signature triple frequency range system, we close that gap.
Unlike many other multi-bandwidth locating technologies on the market, ones that only offer a zoomed-in copy of the first dataset as a "second" perspective, the US Radar triple frequency range antenna emits three separate signals and compiles three separate datasets that can be viewed simultaneously. This means that you can cross-compare your findings with greater accuracy and confidence that you've thoroughly done your job.
Patented Tilt Correction Technology
The GPRover features patented slope correction technology that GPS positions for slope and cross-slope of the GPR and GPS antennas to increase overall accuracy on uneven terrain. Paired with our durable cart design, the GPRover is practically all-terrain and suitable for most work environments.
Hover over the target to see description of various features.
Stepped pulse triple frequency antenna
- Triple frequency antenna means three scans in one
- Sloped antenna design easily glides over obstacles
- Optional GPS integration
- Folding cart handle and tablet mount for easy storage.
Airless, Solid Tires
- Airless, solid tires that cannot go flat
- Require no maintenance
Durable, Glare-resistant Tablet Interface
- Daylight readable, weatherproof Getac tablet interface
- High performance CPU enables real-time data processing
- Built-in 3D view capability
- WiFi supported
- USB, Ethernet, HDMI and Audio ports
Hot Swappable Battery Packs
- Two hot-swappable battery packs included in each system
- Each battery lasts a total runtime of 8 hours each
- Battery packs have lifespan of several years
Optional GPS Integration
- Optional GPS Pole mount
- Enables GPS to be centered over antenna
- Integrates with most high-end GIS and RTK units
- Optional integration with Google Earth
Integrated Mapping SoftwareCan be used to create as-built drawings in the field or in the office. Exports into many formats including .kmz (Google Earth), .dxf (AutoCAD), and .shp (ArcGIS).
Google Earth IntegrationSatellite imaging overlays and the ability to import as-builts included. Depth slice overlays require optional 3D Imaging module.
Topography CorrectionsTopography corrections are stored and can be viewed in optional Radar Studio software.
Field to FinishAutomatically connects coded points to create linework which can be exported to CAD and also viewed in the optional 3D viewing module of Radar Studio.
Automatic Report Generation & File ExportExport radar data to generate reports in a number of different formats.
- Microsoft Windows
- US Radar Control Software Including:
- System Configuration
- A Scan Display (Oscilloscope Mode)
- B Scan Display (Cross Sectional View)
- C Scan Display (3D) (Optional)
- Real Time Signal Processing
- Data Storage and Playback
- Maximum typical logging scan rate of 390 traces per second
- Trigger Modes: Free run, timed interval, shaft encoder, GPS, manual
- Nominal Sampling Rate: 650,000,000 samples per second
- Maximum Resolution: 100 Gigasamples per second
- Hardware Time Varying Gain: 45dB
- Software Time Varying Gain: 60dB
- Software Flat Gain: 60dB
- Temperature: -11 deg. To 50 deg. C
- Moisture and dust resistance: IP 65
- Total System Dynamic Range: >130 dB
- Receiver Dynamic Range: >90 dB
- Sampling Interval: 10 ps-6.4 ns
- Time Range Adjustment Interval: 10 ps
- Pulse Repetition Frequency: 0.1-4 MHz-adjustable
- Samples per Trace: 2-8192, Adjustable
- Effective Bandwidth (typ.): >4 GHz
- Stacking: Automatic
- Transmitter: Stepped Ultra Wideband Triple Frequency