Simply put, the Q5 is a workhorse when it comes to locating buried utilities. Its easy-to-use interface can also be expanded and configured for other applications as needed. not only is this system incredibly versatile, but it is the most powerful ground penetrating radar for locating utilities up to 15' (5m) deep at high resolution.
The Q5 is more than just a utility locator. It's also a data collection platform that allows you to visually document your findings to share later with others on your utility installation and maintenance teams. You can use the easy-to-learn interface to create a deliverable dataset that ensures all workers are on the same page when completing the job. This results in a safer, more efficient work environment where everyone is working with more confidence.
Featured Hardware Technologies:
- SmartGain 2
- Folding Rough Terrain Cart
Featured Software Technologies:
- StreetSmart Real-Time Processing
- Auto Config
- Depth Calibration
- Sloped antenna design easily glides over obstacles
- Optional GPS integration- can easily incorporate high-end GIS and RTK GPS units
- Military-grade connectors ensure secure connections between controller and
- Airless, solid tires that cannot go flat
- Require no maintenance
- Battery lasts a total runtime of 8 hours each
- Battery packs have lifespan of several years
- Folding cart handle and controller tablet mount for easy storage.
DURABLE, GLARE-RESISTANT TABLET INTERFACE
- Daylight readable, weatherproof Getac tablet interface
- High performance CPU enables real-time data processing
- Built-in 3D view capability
- WiFi supported
- USB, Ethernet, HDMI and Audio ports
Optional GPS Integration
- Optional GPS Pole mount
- Enables GPS to be centered over antenna
- Integrates with most high-end GIS and RTK units
- Optional integration with Google Earth
US Radar Acquisition SoftwareOur GPR Software is easy to use out of the box and perfect for on-the-go locators. Each time you create a file, our software automatically calibrates antenna and processing settings to the materials being scanned.
AutoconfigureUS Radar’s software automatically sets antenna system parameters to adjust to soil conditions.
Time-varying Gain and Manual ConfigurationEnhance image at a particular depth of interest using time-varying gain. Apply various filters to manually configure gain settings.
Color PalettesChoose from an array of helpful color palettes, alter gain (contrast) and zoom to view the data in different ways and gain important insights!
Markout and Measure dataMark and label points in radar data to describe what you’ve found. Measure the distance between two points to create even more context.
Automatic Report Generation & File ExportExport radar data and automatically generate reports in a number of different formats.
Optional 3D Imaging & ModelingGenerate depth slice overlays, point clouds, & isosurface models.
Optional Google Earth/Satellite Imaging Software IntegrationOverlay radar data on satellite imaging to create reliable utility maps and to see data within relevant environmental context. Add descriptions to specific coordinates to annotate radar and map data.
Optional Mapping SoftwareCan be used to create as-built drawings in the field or in the office. Exports into many formats including .kmz, (Google Earth) .dxf (AutoCAD) and .shp (ArcGIS).
Optional 3rd Party Software IntegrationGPR is not a one size fits all type of product. For this reason, in addition to our own software, our data can also be processed in several third party software packages.
- Microsoft Windows
- US Radar Control Software Including:
- System Configuration
- A Scan Display (Oscilloscope Mode)
- B Scan Display (Cross Sectional View)
- C Scan Display (3D)
- Real Time Signal Processing
- Data Storage and Playback
- Maximum typical logging scan rate of 390 scans per second
- Trigger Modes: Free run, timed interval, shaft encoder, GPS, manual
- Nominal Sampling Rate: 650,000,000 samples per second
- Maximum Sample Rate: 100 Gigasamples per second
- Hardware Time Varying Gain: 45dB
- Software Time Varying Gain: 60dB
- Software Flat Gain: 60dB
- Temperature: -11 deg. To 50 deg. C
- Moisture and dust resistance: IP 65
- Total System Dynamic Range: >130 dB
- Receiver Dynamic Range: >90 dB
- Sampling Interval: 10 ps-6.4 ns
- Time Range Adjustment Interval: 10 ps
- Pulse Repetition Frequency: 0.1-4 MHz-adjustable
- Samples per Trace: 2-8192, Adjustable
- Effective Bandwidth (typ.): >4 GHz
- Stacking: Automatic
- Transmitter: Stepped Ultra Wideband Triple Frequency
Made in USA by US Radar Inc.